Friday 2 April 2010

Stressed? Me?

Today has not been enjoyable. In the past I've always taken Good Friday off but this year I knew the weather was going to be grotty and our cleaner at work was on holiday so I had no choice but to go in. Going home early (the other option) was out of the question as we had no staff at all coming in to help and it was the start of the Easter school holidays!

Although we were busy, it was not too bad and luckily Sophie helped out by serving in the kitchen and even looked after the Birthday Party that was booked in! She's growing in confidence and I think that it will do her good to do the odd bit of work here and there to earn her own pocket money and give her an idea of what real life's like! Plus the experience of dealing with the public and handling money will be most beneficial when she gets older.

I took a few quiet minutes to plan my Wine Tasting evening tomorrow and I feel much happier now I've decided what we'll be doing and how I'm going to organise it. I just hope I can fit 11 people around our table!

The wet weather gave way to a sunnier late afternoon but I don't think it'll last. It would be nice to get out for a walk on Sunday and burn some of the Easter egg calories off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo Jane
sws