Wednesday 7 April 2010

Noise!

I love getting into work early and having an hour or so in complete quiet! Today the noise got to me in a big way, so much so that I couldn't concentrate on anything. As well as the sounds of children enjoying themselves (which is what we want, but it's still loud) I had Mikey and his two mates continually popping into the office at every opportunity. It's a madhouse in the school holidays and the Easter break often coincides with the end of year payroll that I was still grappling with today. I dread making a mistake with someone's wages so it's a fraught time!

Back at home and in relative peace, we all had a game of cards in the conservatory and it was lovely to have the children join in. After dinner we had a stroll around the garden to inspect the plants and see if anything was budding, which a lot of it was, including the poor pruned apple tree that is looking very good. Maybe there's hope after all!

 Interesting skies again tonight - it looked like there was something big on fire as all the clouds were a smoky, peachy colour. Very pretty!

No comments: