Sunday 4 April 2010

The morning after the night before...

Despite only having about five hours sleep (not good, for me!) I feel OK today. I got to bed at 2am and was wide awake by 7.30 this morning, probably because of the wine which has a tendency to keep me awake.

Last night was very successful and we all had an enjoyable evening. There were ten of us in total and we tasted nine wines. I put foil over the bottles so nobody would know what they were and asked everyone to rate them out of ten. Although I had a good idea of everyone's tastes it was interesting to see what scores were given and what people liked and didn't like. It was also interesting to see how tastes had changed. My dad used to be a fan of Gewurztraminer, but last night he hated it! I gave the couple who brought the winning wine a little box of chocolates and the runners up a creme egg each which added to the fun! The wine I put in, the Gewurztraminer, came last...oh well!

So, today has been very lazy which has been great. I managed to get control of the television and watched Bringing Up Baby with Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant. It was absolutely mad, a classic "screwball" comedy and although I enjoyed it, the film was just slightly too over the top for me to call it a favourite.The rest of the day was spent eating some chocolate and having a nap. Our planned walk just didn't happen, mainly because Keith and I felt a little tired after a busy few days. If the fine weather continues we'll get out into the fresh air tomorrow.

Happy Easter everyone!


 Archie enjoying the spring sunshine.

No comments: