Tuesday 6 April 2010

Not a bad day - just a bad start!

I had a feeling today was going to be "difficult" when mum phoned me at 7.30am this morning to say we'd been burgled at work. It's been a while, so I suppose we've been lucky and they didn't do a lot of damage - just broke into a couple of machines and damaged one of the doors to get in.

I was unnerved by a couple of things just before I went to work...someone had called my mobile at 4am and
there was a car parked outside the house which made it difficult for me to reverse out of the drive. He then followed me for a good way as I drove into work. So I was very jittery! As it turned out, the mobile call was from the security firm as the alarm must have gone off again after mum and dad left. Because of the damage, they had difficulty turning the alarm on, and then found out that their phone was off the hook at home! I never heard my mobile otherwise I'd have been going in as well!

The day did get better! Work was pleasantly busy and I managed to get a lot of the end of year payroll done. The weather has been lovely and when I got home from work I dragged Keith out for a walk which we badly needed. We admired all the daffodils on the banks of the stream and the wind blew the cobwebs out of our heads!


Whiel we were out, Keith decided to take us to the pub for a meal (two for one, remember!!) which was lovely. We had a delicious meal - I had cod which was perfectly cooked.

So, all in all, not a bad day after all!

No comments: