Thursday 1 April 2010

April Fool's Day

I hated not posting a blog yesterday. As I said this morning, it wasn't until I was in bed that I suddenly remembered I hadn't written my blog, and of course, by then, my laptop was turned off and I just didn't have the energy to go back downstairs, turn it back on and write a blog that was probably not that interesting!

I can't believe that it's the start of yet another month. Time is certainly passing by very quickly but writing this is very good at letting me remember just what I did with my life while the time was whizzing by!

Today has been OK...we've been doing the cleaning at work over the last few days as our cleaner is off on hols. It's such a pointless task, but has to be done. Tomorrow is the last day and then I'm off until next Tuesday, although poor mum and dad will have to go in on Saturday as we're busy and we're short of staff as one of our weekend workers has just got married (in Jamaica) and is having her party on Saturday night. Needless to say a lot of our other staff will be going to the do and just have to have the day off to get ready...

It goes without saying that we're now officially squatting in our premises as we have no formal lease...everyone is now off until well after Easter but are we worried? Nah!

An old work colleague visited us this morning with her two children. It's been 16 years since I saw her - we worked at Levi's and although we were in different departments, we had a big thing in common as we were married within a few months of each other. She's now on her second marriage and has three children (one was at school) but it was lovely to catch up and find out what she was doing since I saw her last.

The weather which started off so beautifully, turned this afternoon and when I went to get diesel (and beer for Keith) I got soaked. Where has our lovely Easter gone?

No comments: