Thursday 22 April 2010

Driving!



Today I have been mostly driving around the countryside, either picking people up or dropping them off. Maybe I should get a new job as a taxi driver!

First up was dad and we took him over to Rushden to his flying field where he meets his other cronies and flies his model aeroplanes. He still can't drive at the moment which is annoying for him because of his shoulder. After dropping him off we went to the bank and someone actually helped us by showing us how to use the machine to deposit money and cheques...for once we were pleased with our visit! Mum and I had lunch at the shopping centre and then we went back to work for all of 20 minutes before we drove out to pick Keith up from home and take him to the hospital for his treadmill test. We then went from there to Rushden again to pick up Dad and while I was filling up with diesel (grrr!) Keith phoned to say he was ready to be picked up!

Keith said his treadmill test hadn't gone brilliantly - they had to stop it after 6 minutes as the ECG was showing a problem so it looks like he's going to be having further treatment, something we didn't think would be happening.

I then drove back to work, dropped mum and dad off and then went to pick Mikey up from school, before going back to work to wait for Sophie and Susie who were walking and enjoying the gorgeous afternoon sunshine...phew!


Today is Earth Day and I don't think I've been helping the environment with all the miles I've driven today!

Our new little visitor who comes to see us for food and petting.

No comments: