Sunday 11 April 2010

Just pottering.

Today has been spent pottering. I asked Keith to move one of the mirrors in the garden to the gravel garden which he did and it looks a lot better than it did stuck on the fence. We've also taken down the other one as it wasn't really working. I spent the morning tidying up the gravel garden and removing all the dead leaves which has made it look a lot better. We're just waiting for everything to burst into life now but sitting on the love seat, the top of the garden looks a lot more balanced than it did last year when the bush by the double doors dominated everything. We also moved the "leek" into the gravel garden but we're a bit worried about it as the new leaves look a bit mouldy. I do hope the frost hasn't got to it over the winter.



We decided to shelve the trip to Sudborough as neither of us really wanted to go and it meant we'd be spending out money on lunch just for the sake of it. I was more than happy to sit in the conservatory with a cup of tea and the Sunday papers and then carry on pottering all afternoon.It's been sunny today but the wind has  been on the chilly side and I think it was a mistake to venture out into the front garden and try and sweep up the dead leaves that were left over from the winter!


Whenever I ventured out today, both cats would accompany me. Monty is the strangest cat. He hates being cuddled or picked up but loves being near us and he would quite happily follow me around the garden miaowing and keeping me company.



It's been a lovely weekend and I'm so pleased that I've got everything done that I wanted to do. Tomorrow will be taken up with travellling to London and the O2 Arena for the wrestling which the children are getting very excited about. We've decided not to go into London after all, as it'll be a long day and there's always the worry of something happening on the tube and not being able to get back to the East End!! I don't think the children would be too happy if they missed seeing their heroes!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely pictures Jane, beautiful garden
sws

Janie said...

Thank you, sws. The pruning we did back in the Autumn seems to have been OK and it's given the garden a lot more breathing space.

Janie x