Sunday 7 April 2024

Yet more celebrations!

Sophie and I went to Aldi this morning to buy groceries for lunch, as Sophie's friend, Laura, was coming over. We bought salad, cold meats, cheeses and crackers and returned home to clean downstairs. I felt a little out of sorts today, for some reason, and all I really wanted to do was go and lie down somewhere quiet!

Laura arrived a little later than planned because of car troubles, and before lunch, we enjoyed a glass or two of Rosé Prosecco and nibbles. Laura had bought tulips so the house was looking beautifully Spring-like! She had also treated Sophie to "Tipples and Treats" at a restaurant in London called Cahoots, so Sophie was delighted!


We sat in the sunny conservatory and ate a lovely lunch whilst having a good chat. After we'd eaten, I left Sophie and Laura to gossip, cleared away, stacked the dishwasher and sat with Keith in the living room. He'd been watching Liverpool and Manchester United play football, and Sophie showed an interest in the result as she wanted Liverpool (the team Vikesh supports) to win!

We all enjoyed a slice of ice cream cake and Laura's Mum arrived at 6pm to give her a lift home. Wilbur, Laura's dog, was with her in the car and he pricked his ears up when he saw her looking through the front window!

We spent a quiet evening doing very little and I developed gripey tummy pains. I suspected that the spring rolls I'd enjoyed last night were the culprits and feared I'd have a couple of days of cramps... not really what I wanted!

No comments: