Wednesday 24 April 2024

Little annoyances...

Sophie went to the gym a little later this morning and I had a lie-in. I do love Wednesday mornings! Once up and showered Keith and I drove to Burton Latimer to find the football ground there because Keith wants to see Sileby play on Saturday. Three games in one week! You can tell it's the end of the season!

We found the ground and headed back to Kettering to have a sandwich at Costa Coffee before popping into Tesco to get something for dinner this evening. There was a strange, sad atmosphere in Tesco today which I wasn't keen on, and I was glad when we'd completed our shopping and had left!

Back home, I pootled about and then popped over to see my parents. My Dad had asked me to get a book for him about life in Rome in ancient times and it had been delivered this morning. When I arrived at the care home he was sitting in reception. Asking what he was up to, I was told he was off out in the "Party Bus" (the care home special car) which I had noticed staff decorating with balloons as I walked in. Why didn't my Mum want to go?

I went up to see her and she looked a bit sad as well. I was annoyed that she'd turned down the invitation to go out and have a break from the room, but she said she wanted to see me. I spent an hour trying to reconnect the television to Netflix for her, but I couldn't remember which email address I'd used, so I was forced to give up, something that I always find annoying! Grrrr!

I went back home and did some housework and started the shopping list. This is the bit about Wednesday that I hate! Trying to come up with meals for the next few days and make the dishes interesting and appealing to all of us, is never an easy task! My Dad called minutes after I had hit my still-poorly thumb on the sink so I was in a foul mood. Rather than saying thank you for the book, he asked me for more things that he needed!

When Sophie returned from work we each made a drink (red wine for me, a vodka and tonic for her) and we settled down to watch the last half hour of Masterchef, which was bliss!

No comments: