Sunday 21 April 2024

If only dreams come true!

This Sunday morning was an almost exact replica of last Sunday! We took Soph to the gym, sat and read the papers and then popped to Boots. Back home, we made a belated breakfast of leftover new potatoes, bacon, and bread and butter, washed down with mugs of coffee.

I'd planned on cutting the back lawn, but the weather was chilly and breezy, and I just didn't fancy going out in the cold! Should the weather be a bit warmer by now? The grass is also quite damp and I don't think we've had a day without rain for ages (I'm probably wrong but it feels like that!).

I'd changed our bed first thing, so I needed to remake it with fresh sheets, and I gave the en-suite bathroom a good clean. We really need someone to replace the floor tiles, which we learnt a while ago, shouldn't be on the floor... A lot of them are cracked but it would mean either replacing all the tiles, including the ones on the wall which are the same, or matching floor tiles with the existing wall tiles. We'll get around to it one of these days!

I spent some of the afternoon relaxing on the bed with Gomey-cat and Sophie and then pootled about downstairs. Sophie went over to see Vikesh at about 4pm before they met up with his family for a birthday celebration meal in Wellingborough.

I decided to read some of my earlier blog entries from 2017 when we went to Florida, and I remembered that the bigwigs from Universal are gathering views from local residents regarding the prospect of having a theme park near Bedford... it sounds like an April Fool's joke but it's real, and if the plans get the go-ahead, we will have my favourite theme park less than an hour away! Can you imagine? I would be beside myself with excitement! The only thing missing will be the glorious (and sometimes too hot) Florida weather!

It will mean a huge number of jobs and an incredible boost to the local economy. I hardly dare dream about it, but who knows? And how long will it take to build once it gets the go-ahead? It seems amazing that Universal has parks in Orlando, Hollywood, Beijing, Singapore and Japan. And now, maybe, Bedford!


As Sophie was out, Keith and I had a quiet evening,  but our daughter wasn't late. They had booked the table at the restaurant for 5pm so she was home for 8.30pm and suffering a little bit of Sunday syndrome!

No comments: