Friday 19 April 2024

It's Friday!

I had great difficulty getting ready for work this morning with my poor thumb! The plaster became wet in the shower (obviously) and fell off so I attempted to dress and brush my hair with a flap of skin hanging loose and blood oozing out of the cut. I was unable to put socks on, and I managed to run my hand through my hair and get a couple of strands caught in it, which was excruciating! And buttoning up my trousers really hurt! I managed to put another two plasters on and I just hoped that it would be on the mend over the next couple of days!

Sara was off today, so I concentrated on answering emails, sorting out any stray orders that had slipped through the net, putting on a couple of weeks of films, and finishing the moan report. The time flew by, and before I knew it, it was 4pm and time for the weekend!

This evening, Sophie and I watched a brilliant documentary about a Parisian burglar who was nick-named Spider-Man because he stole from apartment blocks by scaling the walls and literally jumping from one roof to another. He had pulled off a spectacular art theft from the Museum of Modern Art in Paris, stealing paintings worth over 100 million euros! It was riveting and the man himself, Vjeran Tomic, was mesmerising! Amazingly, the police respected him as he never used violence and stole only from the wealthiest people. They were a bit miffed about the art thefts, though, and I won't give away the ending, but it was intriguing!

Keith had gone to the pub and Sophie and I enjoyed a bottle of Pinot Gris and nibbles to celebrate. It's Friday!

No comments: