Tuesday 16 April 2024

A chaotic morning!

Chaos reigned at work this morning and I had to move desks as I couldn't log onto my computer. Sheila had been in early, setting up the new phones, but what she didn't know (and nobody had told her) was that each phone had to be married to its new user, otherwise, it wouldn't work. She only found that out by trial and error!

By 10am everything was set up and things going smoothly. After half an hour I came off the phone and concentrated on emails, orders and cancellations. Getting used to the new system will take a little time, and at almost 4.00pm when I was helping out, I didn't log off properly and received another call! I will learn from that!

This evening, Keith was off to see Sileby play and Sophie and I cooked the meatballs and pasta we should have had the other week. We watched Masterchef and learnt two new terms: fennel snow and compressed tomatoes... whatever next!

Our own meal was delightfully simple and delicious washed down with a good bottle of red wine. After we'd eaten, we booked the flights to Palma in December, so now we just need to find a place to stay for ten days. A townhouse in Pollenca would be ideal!

Keith returned from the football looking frozen as always and helped himself to some roast chicken pieces I'd heated up for him. Tomorrow I'm off... yippee!

No comments: