Wednesday 3 April 2024

Cake hunting!

We awoke to another dull, dismal day with heavy grey skies and rain. We are so fed up with this now! I think this has been the wettest winter on record!

Sophie was working in the office today, and it'll be a while before she works from home again as she has some new staff starting over the next few weeks. Keith and I decided to visit the international supermarket in town to look for Eastern European cream cakes, but they didn't have any suitable ones. We even went into Iceland to look for ice cream cakes... what a depressing experience!

Before heading home, we popped into B&Q to look for tile adhesive, but they only had big tubs, and we only wanted a little tube to fix together the tiles we bought in Lisbon. What a waste of time!

We headed home, had something to eat, and I caught up with some jobs. I called my Mum and arranged to meet her a little earlier so I could return home and mop the floors where the cats had trodden mud everywhere! It has rained off and on all day, and has been totally miserable!

I collected Mum, and we tried to take back some of the clothes she'd bought the other week. We didn't have a lot of success, as I'd shredded the receipt, and she had taken a few of the tags off! We managed to swap a pair of trousers for one in a smaller size, but the pyjamas she bought will be suitable for Sophie if a little on the large size!

After a coffee, we did our shopping, and I bought the ingredients for an ice cream cake for Sophie's birthday. I also bought a new duvet cover for her and a birthday card from the cats. Mum treated her to the Taittinger champagne she wanted, so I think she's done very well! I had also ordered a bottle of cherry liqueur and a new stirrer and muddler from Amazon for her to use when she makes cocktails. 

I dropped Mum off and returned home to clean downstairs. Once the cats were in, we kept them in the house as I didn't want muddy pawprints everywhere again. We had a few miaows of protest, but Gomez was happy to go upstairs and sleep in our bedroom. While he was up there, Mooney went up, too, and I heard a few hisses and growls. I do think that Mooney bullies Gomey a bit, which I worry about when they're left on their own downstairs all night.

We discovered tonight that we could watch  Masterchef on BBC iPlayer ahead of the scheduled time! We have a couple of new terms to add to our list - granola and bonbons!

No comments: