Thursday 4 April 2024

Flooded roads

Sophie didn't go to the gym this morning because of having a bad headache, and when I left at 7.30am to go to work, I came across a huge puddle of water in Holcot, by the duck pond. It was deep and cars had to take turns going through. I called Sophie and warned her,.

Today has been busy with work emails, and when I finished at 2pm, I sped over to the care home to collect Mum to take her to have her nails done. I'd forgotten to get any cash out, so we had to pop to Mawsley to use the cashpoint and it made us late! I drove down the single-track road, Newlands, into the village, and it was like a cart track with huge potholes and puddles of water! The rain just pours off the fields and has nowhere to go!

It was lovely to sit and relax while Mum was attended to, and then it was full pelt back to Kettering before heading home. I was so looking forward to a day off tomorrow to celebrate Sophie's birthday! Keith was supposed to be going to watch Sileby, but the match was called off...again!

No comments: