Friday 12 April 2024

Thank goodness! It's Friday!

This has been my first full week of working so I was glad today was Friday. Yippee! I had another busy shift at work and Sheila trained me on the new phone system. We will be working from a full screen which will show the telephone number, how long the call has lasted, and lots of other information. 

Apparently, our management will be able to download reports of how long we're on a call, what type of calls we're dealing with, and how long we're logged off... Big Brother is watching you! I'm not at all worried as I really only take calls when the lines are busy, or when I'm covering someone who is off, but it will be interesting to see if we still have a wallboard and whether we all show as being ready to take a call! It's set to go live next Tuesday. If it does, I will be amazed!

I sped home at 4pm and relaxed until Sophie came home. Tonight, we cracked open her bottle of Taittinger Nocturne Champagne, and by golly, it was delicious! It was toasty and full-bodied and I could see why it's over £40 a bottle!

Keith went to the pub and after dinner, we watched The Masters from Augusta. There is a little standing joke in our family that I have an affinity with Bryson de Chambeau... the first time I ever saw him play golf I commented on his posh French name, and ever since, whenever I walk into the room or even turn the television on and the golf is showing, he's on the screen. He's only 30, so still a baby, but maybe he's my long-lost son, the one I never knew I had!

No comments: