Saturday 6 April 2024

More birthday celebrations!

Today has been relaxed and enjoyable, with Sophie going out for lunch with Vikesh to The Tollemache Arms in Harrington for more birthday celebrations! 

While Sophie was getting ready to go out, I made her ice cream cake, putting slices of chocolate Swiss roll on the bottom, followed by vanilla ice cream, another layer of cake and then mint choc chip ice cream. I added marshmallows, tiny chocolate "mini jazzies" and squirty cream. I was pleased with the result!



I wrapped it loosely in foil and popped it back into the freeze to have later, when Sophie and Vikesh returned from the pub.

Keith went to see Sileby play (it's been a beautiful day, but windy; Storm Kathleen is with us at the moment!) and just after he left, Sophie and Vikesh came home. I had been looking forward to a quiet afternoon to myself, but Sophie said that Vikesh couldn't wait to have the ice cream cake for dessert!

I went upstairs for a long shower, and when I came back down we enjoyed a slice of ice cream cake. It was delicious! 

Nothing had really been planned for dinner tonight, but there was nothing I fancied in the fridge, so we decided to have a Chinese takeaway. It was still Sophie's birthday weekend! The meal arrived and was delicious, especially the spring rolls I ordered, which were crispy and hot!

After eating, we watched a couple of episodes of a Netflix documentary about a series of murders in Berlin. It was great to see occasional glimpses of our favourite city!



No comments: