Friday 21 August 2015

Working from home...

This morning Sophie and I met Mum and Dad at the Vauxhall dealership in Northampton as Dad's Astra was due for a service. I'd suggested going to Costa Coffee and then taking Sophie into work on the way home rather than making two trips in the car!

We had a lovely half hour in Costa and then drove to work to say goodbye to various people, including the guys from BACA and a couple of men who rent units from us. Sophie fed the crows and I asked her to look after them for me in the future. The crow babies are always around at the moment with their funny high-pitched squawking!

Mum and Dad gave their keys to Georgie, we said goodbye once again and then we returned home to start contacting people to say we'd sold the business. My conservatory has been completely taken over by the computer, the printer and all our files so it looks a bit of a mess at the moment!

We managed to get a lot done and then Dad and I went over to Tesco as we needed ink for the printer (typical!) and stuff for lunch. I met Jenny in the store and we had a good chat about what had happened which was lovely. Is this my life now? Shopping in Tesco and nattering with friends?

I dropped Dad off, did some more work and then we had to go and pick Mike up from his friend's house. He seemed a bit quiet and tired but it was nice to see him...he's not around much at the moment!

Dad called to say that his car wasn't going to be ready until Tuesday as there was a problem with the engine computer...Oh! He insisted on a courtesy car so I went down with him and helped him with all the paperwork. It's all been a bit much for my dad this week and I can't wait until everything is finalised so he can finally relax and enjoyed his well-earned retirement!

I drove back to work and collected Sophie after having a quick chat with Georgie. Polly didn't seem too happy to be honest, and wasn't keen on having to stay until 6.30pm every evening. Perhaps the staff might realise that we weren't that bad as bosses after all!

We had an enjoyable evening as after dinner Sophie and I settled down to watch Jaws which is 40 years old. Wow! Where have the years gone?!

No comments: