Wednesday 19 August 2015

We complete!

Today has been horrible as we've been waiting around all day to complete on the sale and it seems to have taken forever. Georgie was in and decided to install his own credit card machines before we opened, which was a tad premature! Keith and I hurriedly did a stock take as we had been stopped some monies to cover the rents of the sub-tenants which we hadn't expected. We weren't going to charge for any stock left on the premises but felt we had no choice to do that now.

I was under the impression that by 10am the business would no longer be ours, but it wasn't to be...what a frustrating day!

At 3pm we had to go to see our accountant for a meeting about the sale. We were there for almost an hour and when we got back to work we learnt that everything had gone through! The bank have already taken their share of the money!

We had another emotional goodbye but it did feel like a huge anticlimax and wasn't at all how I imagined it would be. To make things worse, the weather has been really dreary this week with heavy, sombre skies that have made my mood a bit grey! I don't think I'll look back on this week with any lasting affection!

After work Keith and I went to the pub for a drink and sat in the window talking about everything that had happened. Outside it poured with rain and I still felt very unsettled with a horrible feeling of "agitation" as there was still an enormous amount to be done to finish running the business. I've been sleeping really badly this week but that's no surprise, is it?!

No comments: