Friday 14 August 2015

A busy end to the week!

Today the weather has been atrocious with constant drizzly rain and grey, misty skies. What month is it?

Understandably we were busy at work and not one of our other staff would come in to help, which meant that there was just Maureen, Ricky and Sophie in the kitchen, Polly on Reception and Keith and I to help out. Even Georgie was called away to work elsewhere which was a blow as I'd been planning on him helping out! However, although we were busy it was a pleasant busy and there was a nice atmosphere in the kitchen as we all worked away!

Keith and I went to Booker in the afternoon and managed to get wet while we loaded up the car with lots of stuff. I'm hoping it will last the weekend so we won't need to go on Sunday.

By the time we eventually left it was almost 6pm so I was very glad to get home! We treated ourselves to fish and chips tonight and it was bliss not to have to cook dinner while Keith was at the pub!

No comments: