Sunday 16 August 2015

Important reading!

Sophie wasn't needed at work today so it gave me a chance to really get on and tidy up the garden without having drive her in. The new grass seed I'd put down had grown vigorously so I mowed the lawn and then hoed all the borders. While I was doing this the little robin made an appearance. attracted, no doubt, by the digging I was doing and hoping to find some worms! The weather was beautiful but with just the tiniest hint of Autumn in the air.

Monty-cat also came out to join me and sat and sunned himself while I worked hard! Sophie obligingly hoovered upstairs for me which was great. I worked all morning and at lunchtime Keith and I took Mike to Brixworth. Back home I vacuumed my car and then went and showered as I was due to go around to Mum and Dad's house at 3pm to look at the documents for the sale.

We sat in their conservatory and very slowly went through the contract of sale. It seemed they were most bothered about us changing the name of the company after we completed!

We were there for a couple of hours and thrashed everything out so we were a bit more optimistic by the time we'd finished. I just hope it will all go through next week now!

Before heading home I wanted to get the outside of my car washed so we drove off to Moulton and Sophie called Mike to find out where he was and if he was ready to come home. Amazingly he was also in Moulton so we picked him up and I treated both children to some snacks before we had the car washed.

Back home I sat in the garden with Monty and then watered the plants. Our sunflowers are getting taller but there's no sign of any flowers yet. Hopefully, if the weather improves a bit we'll see them before the end of this month!




No comments: