Saturday 22 August 2015

Saturday freedom!

Today is the first Saturday where I haven't had to worry about work, either because the weather is fine and dry so we'd be quiet, or if it was wet and horrible and I'd worry we'd be busy and staff would call in sick. It felt lovely!

I was up early and treated myself to a cup of coffee in the garden. Keith warmed up some pain au chocolat in the oven and with Sophie we enjoyed sitting in the garden to start our weekend.

It looked set to be a beautiful day and Sophie's friend Elise came around to see her during the morning. I just relaxed and caught up with stuff on the internet before having a shower at midday so that Sophie and I could go somewhere in the afternoon. I wasn't sure where but in the end we went over to Castle Ashby and the small courtyard of shops there.

First stop was The Buttery where we ordered a scone, jam and cream for me accompanied by a pot of tea and a jacket potato with cheese for Sophie. It was a very hot day now, with a temperature of about 29c and after finishing our lunch we had a quick wander around the shops before Sophie bought us both some ice-cream. We sat in the car with the air-conditioning on and enjoyed the blast of cool then drove home. On the way storm clouds gathered overhead, huge towering cumulonimbus, and I really hoped we'd have a good storm to clear the muggy air.

I was intending to sit in the garden when we got home but it was very cloudy now so I stayed inside and fell asleep on the sofa while listening to Pointless Celebrities! Later, after a few light showers, we did manage to sit outside for a little while with a drink and talk to Monty. Keith cooked steak and ale pie (phew!) and after dinner Sophie, Mike and I watched The Exorcist...we're enjoying the 1970s classics but at time the film was a bit rude, not to mention very scary!

No comments: