Saturday 15 August 2015

Anniversary celebrations

Keith went to Tesco early this morning and came back with a bunch of beautiful flowers and a bottle of Dark Horse for me, which was an unexpected treat! We said we weren't going to buy each other anything for our wedding anniversary!

After a slow start Sophie and I cleaned out the fridge (it needed it) and while she dusted I hoovered up all of Archie's black fur and little burrs. I'm sure most of the bits on our carpet are from him so I banned him for the rest of the day! It helped so much that Sophie gave me a hand with the house work today and by 2pm we were on our way to Market Harborough.

I'd also received some gorgeous flowers from Mum and Dad and when I called to thank them Dad said that an email had come in late on Friday about completing on the sale on Monday. Arggh! There was also some important matters we needed to discuss before Monday so I said I would call into work on Sunday morning and print off all the papers.

We had a lovely afternoon in Market Harborough and Sophie treated me to a cake and a cup of tea in Caffe Nero. We visited all our usual haunts and ended up in Duncan's for a quick tasting of Italian wines. I bought Keith four bottles of beer and treated myself and Sophie to a couple of bottles of wine.

Back home I somehow managed to print off the email and documents from our solicitor via my Hudl and wireless printer so I was able to show my parents all the paperwork when they came around in the evening for a drink. We had an enjoyable hour sitting in the conservatory, sipping wine and trying our hardest not to talk about work!

In the evening we enjoyed a homemade two course dinner (we saved the trifle for tomorrow as we were all so stuffed) of prawn cocktail/pate and toast followed by chicken in a creamy sauce with veggies. Delicious!


No comments: