Thursday 20 August 2015

I am unemployed!

Today has been another agonising time of waiting about, this time for the money to be transferred into our account. I left Georgie to run things properly as technically we had completed and I couldn't face any more quibbles about the takings from the business. Dad came in with me but Mum stayed at home to rest her knee, which although a lot better, was still swollen.

As the weather had dawned wet and grey this morning, we were very busy and it was a bit of a relief to leave work and go over to the bank to deposit out last ever takings from the business. While I was there I popped into Tesco to do some shopping as Sue was coming around for a drink in the evening.

When I got back I waited some more and at lunchtime the money was finally transferred into our account. I handed my keys over to Georgie, dismantled my computer to take home and said a tearful goodbye to the staff, including Sophie who was working all day.

I drove home in a daze again, not quite realising that that was it! Freedom!

Once home I set up the computer and then Keith and I drove Mike and a friend all the way over to Hunsbury, on the other side of Northampton, to see a friend. Luckily they were both staying there overnight!

On the way home we called into work to collect the chilled foods I'd left in the fridge (!) but Sophie wasn't ready to go home so we had to leave her there. She won't be able to waltz out as she likes any more!

We sped home and I prepared a little buffet for the evening before it was time to go back and pick her up from work. Phew! All this driving about will have to stop!

Sue brought a beautiful cake with her in the shape of a champagne bottle and a bottle of Prosecco to enjoy. We had a good natter and nibbled on the lovely selection of foods that I'd bought earlier, supplemented by celery, grapes and soft cheese that Keith had bought for Mike earlier in the week. Mike had taken a bit of celery and decided against eating it! It was delicious with the creamy cheese!

No comments: