Saturday 13 July 2013

What a scorcher!

Today has been very hot indeed. Well, hot by UK standards anyway!

I took Sophie to work earlier than normal as she was supervising parties and then returned home to do some urgent housework. It wasn't much fun, though, as it was so hot and sticky upstairs! I did what needed doing before Keith and I sat in the garden for an hour to soak up some sun. I could feel the heat burning into my legs and I made sure both of us were liberally covered in sunscreen.

Mikey came to join us and I noticed how much weight he's lost just lately. It looks like he's been stretched as he's now definitely taller than Keith and has lost the bit of tummy he used to have. I dread to think how tall he's going to be - over 6ft is my opinion, and if he carries on using the weights, I think he will be a lady magnet!

I made myself go to the gym before going to pick Sophie up from work but rather than sweat it out on the equipment, I went for a lovely cooling swim. Unfortunately lots of other people had the same idea as there was five of us in the slow lane at one point! Not being keen on the human soup I went into the jacuzzi and found myself completely alone in there...that was more like it!

We barbecued in the evening and it was a great success. I'd bought a new BBQ on Friday and it performed very well, which pleased Keith. I'm afraid the diet has gone out of the window this weekend as I spotted a punnet of strawberries in the local Co-op and couldn't resist serving them with some yummy cream!


No comments: