Friday 5 July 2013

Down to Dartford...for the last time?

Today Mum and I travelled down to Dartford for the scattering of Nan's ashes at the Crematorium. We didn't leave work until 11am but we had a great journey and were sitting in the car park of the Crematorium at 1.30pm. In front of us was a beautiful horse drawn hearse - I dread to think how much that would have cost!

The ceremony was very simple. We met my Uncle and went to the place in the grounds where my Grandad's and my Aunt's ashes were scattered and a man came along with the urn and placed them on the ground in the shape of a cross. It was a beautiful day, just like Nan's funeral, and although it didn't last long it was still quite moving, if a little sobering. I couldn't help thinking that it's a sad way to end up as a heap of ashes on the soil but I suppose it's a return to Nature and I know Nan is with us all the time.

After the ceremony I followed my Uncle back to Dartford and we had a cup of tea (and a naughty muffin) in the town. My Uncle is seriously considering moving to Cyprus to live and I think it's a great idea.

We left a lot earlier than we normally would so I was back at 6pm to take Keith to the pub!

No comments: