Sunday 14 July 2013

Lazy Sunday

I really didn't feel like moving far from home today as the forecast was for another hot one, but we woke to cloudy skies and a cool breeze. On the way home from getting the papers we called in to see Mum and Dad and had a coffee. It was quite chilly sitting out on their decking!

The coolness did not last for long, however. I lounged about for most of the morning catching up with my Family Tree research before Sophie and I went off to Beckworth Emporium again to get an Anniversary present for my parents who will celebrate 47 years together on Tuesday.

It was very warm there again and we sat quietly sweating in the restaurant along with a fair few other people. I had no inclination to wander about looking at plants, so we bought a voucher for Mum and Dad and headed home to sit in the garden. It was very natural to sit with a glass of wine and soak up the sun and talk about past holidays - well, you have to make the most of it! Sue popped around to thank me for looking after the house while she and Paul were on hols and gave me a bottle of South African Chenin Blanc which went straight into the freezer!

After a hot curry for dinner (!) we returned to the garden to look out for bats but we didn't see any. Perhaps it was the presence of Monty putting them off!


No comments: