Wednesday 3 July 2013

Dog-napping!

Tonight we happened to look out of our front window to see Max the dog walking past, completely on his own. Sarah and Liam have workmen at their house and he must have got out through an open door. I went to see him and we had a cuddle before I took him back home but only the workmen were there. Seizing the opportunity to have him at home for a little while I took him into the house, much to the disgust of the cats who started hissing and growling at him!

I texted Sarah to let her know he was with us and then we had more cuddles and tummy rubs. He's really an old dog now, bless him, but I have so many happy memories of our walks together, when he used to run about, ears flapping. I used to call him "Loopy Lugs" and his ears pricked up when I called him his old nickname!

Sarah called me to say that Liam was home so Sophie and I took him back and we had a long chat with Liam (and then Sarah who had returned home) about teenagers and how our kids have suddenly grown up so quickly!

No comments: