Monday 22 July 2013

Return of the heat

Today I have been mostly very grumpy. As the day wore on, it grew hotter and hotter which didn't help matters!

I went to the gym after work but even that failed to work its magic today. Driving there the temperature was showing 33c so I hoped that the air-conditioning was on but I could barely feel any coolness as I cycled away with the sweat running off me. Other people looked hot as well, so after doing my weights and ten minutes on the bike I called it a day and went home to shower.

On the way home, very briefly, the temperature went up to 34.5c, the highest I've ever seen in this country. We have thunderstorms forecast for tonight and they couldn't come soon enough!

I received a bit of a shock when I arrived home to see that Gill and Tim's house had a "Sold" sign on it...so, we're going to have new neighbours. Some weeks ago, it looked like they'd taken the house off the market but now it appears they have gone with another agent. Hmmm...it would have been nice to have been told that they'd put it up for sale again so we could have prepared ourselves for this!

This just made me even grumpier so the only thing to do was to sit in the garden with a vodka and tonic and relax!

No comments: