Saturday 20 July 2013

Having a smashing time!

We awoke this morning to very dull, grey skies and a significant drop in temperature, thank goodness! It felt lovely to be a bit cooler!

Keith phoned National Tyres again this morning, to be told that the van had still broken down so he told them to forget the tyres. We were both very annoyed as we'd wasted our time with them. Luckily Kwik-Fit were able to order them for us so we'll pop down there on Monday or Tuesday and get them fitted.

On the way back from taking Sophie to work I noticed a long crack in my windscreen...wonderful. As soon as I got home I called my insurance company who put me in touch with Auto Windscreens but they weren't able to come out until the 1st August! As we're driving to Berlin next weekend, that could be a bit of a problem!

As you can imagine I was totally fed up by now, and I had to resort to calling another company who could replace the windscreen for me on Tuesday at a cost of £250. With the tyres at £220 this is going to be an expensive week! However, we need to get the new tyres for the long trip to Berlin and I wouldn't want to risk driving all that way with a cracked windscreen so I have no other choice.

I spent the next couple of hours cleaning the house downstairs (and managed to smash a glass I'd found in Mikey's room) and then I went to the gym to try and work off some of my annoyance. I did a good workout followed by a swim and a blissful 20 minutes in the spa which did go some way to make me feel better.

Sophie and Abi were off to a party in the evening so they got ready at our house and after Keith had barbecued dinner, I took them to their friend's house in Weston Favell. Within just five minutes of getting home Sophie had texted me to ask her to pick them up...my annoyance returned in full force!

No comments: