Friday 19 July 2013

Tyred out!

Today has been hot and busy, but not in a good way!

As soon as Polly was in at work, Keith and I went down to National Tyres in Northampton to drop my car off as we'd ordered two new front tyres to be fitted. We have had great difficulty finding somewhere that can get them in for us as, for some reason, they're not easy to find!

Once we dropped the car off, we popped to the bank and then went to Booker to do the big weekly shop. It was hot and uncomfortable loading and unloading the car in the almost 30c heat! I will be mightily glad when this heatwave is over!

While we were at Booker the tyre place called me to say that the tyres hadn't been delivered as the van had broken down...great. What a wasted journey! Keith and I drove back down, picked up my car (the temperature was showing 32c) and went back to work. Sophie had called to say that she was going to her friend Abi's house after school so Keith suggested I abandon the gym tonight and go out for a drink with him instead...it didn't take much persuading for me to agree!

We went to the Queen's Arms at Orlingbury and the pub was empty - in fact at first we thought it was closed! However, it was lovely to relax in the quiet surroundings and chat to the Landlord and Rob Price who we use for all our car repairs. We seem to be preoccupied with the cars at the moment!

No comments: