Friday 12 July 2013

Seeking solace

This week hasn't really been the most enjoyable of weeks at work as both Maureen and Polly have been away on holiday and Mum, Dad and I have been looking after Reception until 4pm. This morning we had a bit of a crisis when a huge TNT lorry hit one of our entrance gates and bent it out of shape. Luckily we caught the whole thing on our CCTV camera as apparently the driver tried to get out of it by saying that it was like that when he drove into our car park!

At the same time I discovered that Sophie had run up a large mobile phone bill and I was not a very happy Mum, to say the least! She had been wanting to go to Birmingham with her friend but I soon put a stop to that after I checked my bank statement! She'll be working for nothing over the next few weeks to pay me back!

I was going to go to the gym after work today but it was so hot that I went home and suggested to Sophie (as a sort of reconciliation) that we pop to Market Harborough to buy Laura a bottle of champagne as she leaves tomorrow. We arrived as most of the shops were closing but after buying the wine in Tesco we went to see Duncan and Nick who managed to cheer me up no end. We had a great chat and Duncan picked me out two bottles of wine that should be perfect drinking over the hot, forthcoming weekend.

On the way home we turned off the A508 and headed home via Draughton on the beautiful little single track road that we discovered last year. The rolling fields and woods were gorgeous and certainly made me feel a lot happier!

No comments: