Wednesday 10 July 2013

Communing with Spirit

The heat of the last few days has gone, to be replaced with cloudy, cooler weather. It's been a relief to be honest! I don't mind high temperatures on holiday but working in the heat is not pleasant, especially as the roof of our premises is made up of a lot of glass!

Rather than go to the gym, Sophie and I went for a walk over the fields and then I picked Mum up from home as we were off to another evening of Mediumship at the Spiritualist church. I'd been looking forward to this very much but it was disappointing in the extreme. The Medium was a man from Bristol and both Mum and I thought that he was a bit of a charlatan. There were quite a few of us in the audience (including some very young people) but everything he said was vague and with a couple of people he just couldn't give any evidence at all. Towards the end it was almost embarrassing!

On the way home I called into the Olde England to collect Keith's glasses and it was manic in there, with a crowd of Morris Men outside and inside. I was beginning to think tonight I'd entered some sort of twilight zone!

When I eventually arrived home I communed with a spirit of my own - it goes by the name of Talisker and was absolutely delicious with a bowl of chicken soup!

No comments: