Tuesday 30 April 2013

Down to Kent...alone!

As Mum and Dad are away this week I volunteered to go down to Kent to see Nan and take her some clean clothes. I spent the morning doing vital jobs at work and left at 12.30pm to make the journey. It was a glorious day, so part of me was a bit miffed I'd be spending it in the car or at the hospital!

I had an excellent journey down with only one halt because of debris on the road and was at the hospital by 2.30pm. Nan wasn't very happy about being on the ward still, as she was due to go home before now. We sat and chatted and then a porter came to take her for an x-ray and she perked up a little bit as the Nurses in the radiology department all admired her hair which is a lovely shade of violet!

Back on the ward she had me running up and down the stairs to the shop to get her some supplies and then it was time for me to say goodbye and head home again. I was dreading the trip back as I imagined it was going to be really busy but there were no queues at the tunnel at all and I sped through, with a great journey on both motorways to follow. If only every trip was like this!

No comments: