Saturday 20 April 2013

Super Saturday!

After a somewhat disturbed night I was awake at 7.30am to find nearly all of the revellers still about! They all looked a bit worse for wear so we made them heaps of toast and bacon and then most of them departed for their own homes, and no doubt their own beds!

Sophie was due to go into work, but she received a call saying that as the weather was so beautiful, she wasn't needed. This then gave her the excuse to invite one of her friends back (two were already with her, including the lifeguard from the gym!) and to have another day of fun...something I hadn't really bargained for!

Keith and I escaped out into the garden and I cut the lawn while he pulled up a load of plants from one of our beds, that was very overgrown and messy. It was a gorgeous day and it was wonderful to be out in the sunshine. There must be something in the air as Sarah and Liam were completely renovating their garden as well, with a bonfire going and a big skip outside their house.

At 1pm I drove over to Market Harborough (note the fact that, although it's Sophie favourite shopping place, she preferred to stop with her mates) and spent a very pleasant hour wandering around the shops and then going in to see Duncan and Nick who sold me some beautiful wines. I wanted a good Italian wine for Dad as we were off to their house for a meal tonight and also a different wine for Liam as we're off to their house as well, soon. It was bliss to taste a couple of wines and then pick out a beer for Keith and a bottle of white for me.

Back home three of Sophie's friends were still at our house and I began to feel a bit annoyed that they were there! I'd imagined them all gone by 10am and the house back to normal! I had a quiet word with Sophie and within an hour they were all gone. Peace at last!

In the evening Keith and I walked up to Mum and Dad's for a meal with them and two of their friends. They were a lovely couple and Tony used to design Formula 1 racing cars so he had some very interesting stories to tell us over the evening. It was a great night and lovely to have some adult conversation for once!

No comments: