Thursday 11 April 2013

Homeward bound...

We were up a little too early this morning and were all ready to go by 9.30am. On the way to the airport we went to IHOP for breakfast and then found the Florida Greenway very easily, for the journey to Sanford.

We'd weighed our suitcases in the villa and they were quite a bit heavier than when we arrived! Sophie's case was over 20kg so we did a bit of jigging about and managed to get the sweets she'd bought into Mikey's lighter bag. I just wished we could wriggle our noses and be home!

At the airport we returned our lovely big car (I will miss it so much!) and made our way to the terminal. We were a bit early for checking in, but we didn't have to wait long. All the cases were under 20kg, thank goodness, but one of the hand luggage bags was over 5kg, so Sophie had to find room for her jacket. As soon as we were through Security we put it back! How silly was that!

Luckily none of us were frisked and after buying some perfume for Mum in Duty Free we decided to splash out and go into the Royal Palm Lounge for a treat. It meant we had free wifi and two alcoholic drinks for Keith and I. We also had unlimited soft drinks, tea and coffee, snacks, a cinema room, playstations and sports TV so Keith could indulge in some football!

We're now waiting for our flight and feeling sad that our holiday is over. Normally I crave my bed when I'm away but I can honestly say the bed in the villa was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in! I'm hoping for some warmer weather when we get home.

It has been a wonderful holiday and we've enjoyed ourselves tremendously. We will have some great memories to keep us going and I hope everyone who has read this has enjoyed hearing about our adventures!

No comments: