Tuesday 23 April 2013

A taste of Sweden

As it was such a beautiful day and therefore we were very quiet at work, Mum and I escaped for a jolly to Ikea in Milton Keynes.

It's been a long while since we'd last visited and we needed to get quite a few things, such as highchairs, plates and cups, and we wanted to have a look at some toys. Ikea was quiet too and after a mooch about filling the trolley with brightly coloured plates, cups and a giant inflatable ladybird, we had lunch. I fancied the Swedish meatballs (I hope there was no horse in them!) which made a change from the usual sandwich I have at lunchtime!

I managed to resist the furniture and bought some wildly exciting items such as loo brushes, a new shower tidy, some coat hangers and a pack of batteries. How I didn't buy any candles, I do not know!

Our purchases for work came to well over £100  but we thought it was money well spent as we desperately needed new highchairs and we also bought a cute little rocking reindeer which looked sturdy enough to cope with our young customers!

After work Sophie and I went off to the gym, not for a workout but for me to have my unruly eyebrows shaped. It didn't take long and we were soon heading home to enjoy the last of the sunshine!


No comments: