Friday 12 April 2013

From summer to winter...

We couldn't have arrived back home in worse weather (or maybe it could have been snowing but surely that's rare at this time of year?) as it was pouring with rain, cold and misty. What a welcome!

Luckily Keith said he would drive home and by 10am we were pulling into our drive and trying to extract the cases from the car in the torrential rain. We all set to and unpacked everything and even though I didn't have a lot to wash, we did have a mound of ironing!

We spent the rest of the morning sorting out the post and tidying everything away and then I succumbed to a catnap along with the rest of my family. I actually think Mikey slept for most of the day, which wasn't really a good thing!

I was only asleep for an hour before tackling the ironing for a couple of hours and then Keith and I went to The Queen's Arms in Orlingbury. We had a very pleasant drink and a good chat about the holiday and we both agreed that if we were lucky enough to go back to Florida, we would be very tempted to rent a Gulf Coast villa and have a more laid back holiday. Much as I love the parks, a week on a beach afterwards would have been very welcome!

We enjoyed delicious fish and chips from Pytchley for dinner and by 9pm I was shattered. I left Sophie and Mikey downstairs and went to join Keith upstairs who was sitting up in bed, but sound asleep!

No comments: