Thursday 25 April 2013

Down to Kent...again!

Mum and I made the trip down to Kent again today, this time in my car, which I enjoyed very much. It was good for the engine to have a nice long trip and we had a very smooth journey with no hold-ups at all.

Nan was looking miles better but was very moany! She hates being in hospital and kept saying that she'd be better off dead...hmmm! We fussed around her and I went back to her flat to get her some more slippers.We have finally discovered what was wrong with her - fluid on her lungs due to a very slow heartbeat - and when she got up to go to the loo she was much better on her feet without all the heavy breathing she'd been doing.

All too soon it was time to head for home and we went through the Blackwall Tunnel as the queues around the Dartford Tunnel were horrendous. There looked a lot of work going on at the Olympic Park and we wondered when it would be open again. I'd love to have a tour!

Sophie called me from a friend's house and asked to stay until 9.30pm so it was just the three of us for dinner. I have a feeling this will be more and more common from now on!

No comments: