Saturday 13 April 2013

Back in the groove!

Last night I slept for ten hours and woke feeling great. However the rest of my family seem to be struggling with jetlag as Sophie wouldn't wake up, Mikey went back to sleep after being up half the night and I came downstairs to find Keith asleep on the sofa at 10am!

We popped in to see Mum and Dad to pick up my house keys and they said that work had been very busy indeed while we were away. I think they're both in need of a break! I'm just trying not to think about my return to work on Monday!

Talking of which, we took a grumbling Sophie in at 12pm and then drove to Thrapston to kit Mikey out with essentials for his forthcoming camp weekend. He needed a sleeping bag, rucksack, torch and other bits and bobs and Home Guard was perfect for getting all the stuff he needed, especially as the man who runs it knew exactly what he wanted and why!

I dropped Keith off at the pub, went home and noticed that I had seven missed calls on my phone, all from Sophie who wanted to be picked up as she wasn't expected in and we were quiet! I drove over to pick her up, had lunch and then went out to collect Keith...I'm back to taxi driving duties!

At 4pm Sophie and I went to the gym for a swim but we ended up just languishing in the jacuzzi as the slow lane was busy. It was lovely to relax, though, especially as Sophie was still feeling tired! I treated her to a Creamy Cooler at Costa Coffee afterwards as a treat for having to look at the grey skies and rain!

No comments: