Thursday 28 July 2011

Wednesday 27 July - rescuing my baby oak tree...

Wednesday was a lovely day - nothing fantastic happened (well maybe it did as I lost another four pounds when I weighed myself, bringing the total loss to 16 pounds!!) but it was just a pleasant, easy day which is always welcome.

Sophie worked for us over the lunchtime rush and then we went out in the afternoon to drop our books off at the Accountants and to have a quick peek in New Look (for Sophie). I managed to get a pair of jeans on in there two sizes smaller than normal so that chuffed me to bits!

We left work slightly later than usual as Sophie had to oversee a party and after getting home all four of us went out for a walk over the fields. I took a small shovel with me and a pot full of soil and dug up the baby oak tree that had planted itself onto the edge of one of the wheat fields. Its parent tree is beautiful so I really hope that it survives although what I will eventually do with it if it grows huge, I don't know!

No comments: