Thursday 7 July 2011

Tuesday 5 July - our last Sports Day.

Luckily the weather stayed fine for Mikey's last sports day at Primary school. It was held on the playing fields and Keith and I arrived as it was in full swing. As in previous years the children were put into teams and they had to do various games to win points. Us parents were also encouraged to shout the names of the teams to win extra points!

Just as it finished the heavens opened so Keith and I ran back to the car and I went back to work. I felt a bit sad that that was the last sports day we'd attend as in Secondary school parents are not normally invited. So it's the end of an era and the next few weeks will be a little sad as we lose our connection to the school.

Mikey's team didn't come first - they never do - but I think he had a good time!

No comments: