Thursday 21 July 2011

Wednesday 20 July

I was very grateful when 4pm arrived and I escaped work with Mum, Sophie and Susie to go shopping in Milton Keynes as we'd been extremely busy all day.

Going shopping when you've been on your feet all day was not really the best of ideas but I'd promised Sophie we would go and she wanted to get some new clothes with her wages. Mum and I did some shopping of our own and then we had dinner in Carluccio's, an Italian restaurant in the middle of the shopping centre. I'd always wanted to eat there and the food was very good, but the service was slightly rushed and the prices for extras a wee bit steep. We had olives and bread to munch on at first followed by Saltimbocca, a fillet of pork wrapped in Parma ham and served with saute potatoes. I would have loved some vegetables to accompany it but we ordered a side portion of courgettes between us. I just couldn't resist dessert, a sublime panna cotta that was gorgeous! Naughty, naughty me! Today has been very hard to diet as I could have eaten for Britain and being in the kitchen all day has not helped!

Feeling stuffed, we met the girls outside Debenhams and drove home in the gathering twilight, the sky looking very stormy overhead!

No comments: