Saturday 23 July 2011

Friday 22 July - last day at Primary for Mikey.

Before I went to work Keith and I went to Mikey's Leavers Assembly at his school. It was quite emotional as after today we will no longer have any link to the village school. All the mums and dads were there and we watched a little show the Year 6 children had put on for us, based on "Deal or No Deal". After this the Headmaster gave a speech, there was an Awards presentation to some of the children who had done especially well and then it was off to work for me.

Friday was sunny and warm so thankfully we were a little quieter at work! I left at 3pm to pick up Sophie and take her home then I went off to the doctor's with Keith who has a swollen ankle at the moment. The doctor is worried it could be DVT as he's had a swollen ankle since our trip to Florida in April. I sincerely hope not, but a trip to the hospital tomorrow will sort it out one way or the other.

I was really hoping to go for a walk in the evening as we haven't been able to get out all week, but the heavens opened and Sophie, who went for a walk with her friend, came home drenched!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope Keiths Ok Jane, let us know what happens. Best wishes, Cheryl xx

Janie said...

Many thanks Cheryl. He received the all clear on Saturday morning so we're very relieved! xxx