Tuesday 19 July 2011

Goodbye to Harry Potter!

Today has been very busy at work! Was it me who gave Dad the day off as he was a bit shattered after his weekend entertaining the German guests?? I won't be doing that again!

We were so busy I even had to help Polly (who was working in the kitchen as our cook has dared to go away on holiday) prepare some meals!!! Unbelievable! Luckily, by 3pm things had quietened down considerably, so I was able to run for freedom and go home and get ready for our date with the last Harry Potter film. I was looking forward to seeing the film immensely, after a week of solid Harry Potter films. We even watched the making of The Deathly Hallows Pt2 last night so we knew some of what to expect.

The film was very enjoyable with a satisfactory ending but I was a little disappointed with the 3D...I was expecting things to be coming out of the screen at me, but I think I was imagining the 4D we experienced with the Shrek film in Universal. 

Afterwards we went to get a Chinese take-away but it was closed! Typical! So we ended up at a pub nearby and just had a main course and a drink (I was naughty...I had a glass of wine and Keith drove home!).

This morning, I took some photos of the garden at work - before and after:




All we need to do now is tidy up the edges with either grass or a rockery and paint the wall, plus add some tubs and pots. Keith has worked really hard and deserves a beer (or two)!

No comments: