Friday 8 July 2011

Thursday 7 July

Last night I went to a friend's house with my pal Lynda and we ordered a Chinese takeaway, which was a treat. Both of us took a bottle of fizzy water with us...we know how to live! Lynda has been trying to get me to go to a Zumba class but it's on pretty late in the evening and I had to admit to not really wanting to venture out again once I've had dinner in the evening. She did a quick demonstration for us and it looked very good, so maybe if an earlier class comes up, I'll go!

The three of us had a good gossip and a chat with her son who's 9. He's very much like Mikey (talkative and obsessed with Sky television) and it was a lovely relaxed evening. We had a lot of rain and when I was driving to pick Lynda up, the heavens opened and it poured so hard I nearly had to stop the car!

On the way home I noticed a lot of street lights were turned off and Lynda said that it was the start of the "switch off". I think it's a brilliant idea. We don't need loads and loads of yellow street lights everywhere and I'm all for reducing light pollution and saving money!

No comments: