Friday 15 July 2011

Wednesday 13 July

After talking about weight loss, I was delighted to see I'd lost two pounds this morning when I weighed myself. I'm now just two pounds off losing a stone!

We were back to normal with staff today, so Mum and I sloped off to Ikea to buy some stuff for work. We had a cup of coffee when we arrived (no cake!) and then had a good look around. We use Ikea's small brightly coloured plates for our children's meals at work so we bought more of them, a lovely mirror for our tots area and some new rugs. The children really love the strong colours and there was loads of things we wanted to buy, but sadly, from experience, some of them would walk, which is a real shame.

In the evening we had a barbecue party at work so I helped dad who was cooking for it (being a man-thing!). Two little girls came out into the garden with us, fascinated by the hot coals and the fire, and chattered away non-stop until the party mum found them and rounded them up! This is one of the parts of the job I like best when the children want to chat and say funny things!

No comments: