Thursday 30 June 2011

Wednesday 29 June - back to school for me!

Today I'd agreed to give a talk to Sophie's class at school about the business I run with my parents. Her Business Studies teacher had given me a list of topics she wanted me to cover so armed with my notes and copies of our leaflets I went into school at 2pm feeling a little bit nervous!

Luckily I was in the classroom as all the pupils trooped in, including my darling daughter, so at least I didn't have to walk in and face them all! I spoke for almost an hour about the business, how we set it up and a few stories which had happened along the way and then the class asked me questions, some of which were very good. It was an enjoyable experience, I didn't make an idiot of myself (thank goodness) and I hope I've helped them a little bit with information as to how a business runs.

Later in the day I walked up to mum and dad's house with Mikey and had a good chat. Mum is feeling a bit better now and we're hoping she can come into work next week. I've certainly missed her!

No comments: