Sunday 12 June 2011

Saturday 11 June

Tempers were a bit fraught this morning in the house due to the children arguing about technology, namely squabbling over the TV and the Playstation. Honestly, I sometimes wish we had nothing, the arguments it causes! Last night Mikey downloaded something on his PS3 and because he paused it overnight when he was asleep it went wrong so we had to do it all again this morning. There were a few tears and raised voices, I'm afraid.

To get a bit of peace and quiet, Keith and I escaped for a walk and it was absolute bliss!

The photo I took on our walk last week

We took the same route as we walked last week and we managed it a lot quicker without the children! It was beautiful - we're so lucky to have this on our doorstep.

In the afternoon Sophie and I went to Kettering to see Sue Moorcroft who has just published another book - Love and Freedom. She invited me to her book signing at Waterstones with the promise of chocolate, although I would still have gone without it! She took a creative writing class I attended some years back and we've kept in touch ever since. I bought two of her books and met a fellow student which was lovely.

On the way home, I dropped Sophie off at the cinema (she was off to see Hangover 2 with Susie) and then it was back home to relax with a glass of wine!

No comments: