Sunday 19 June 2011

Saturday 18 June - an 18th Birthday Party and a bit of a shock...

Saturday was a lovely day...right up until 11pm when things went a bit pear-shaped...

First thing, I went and had my hair cut which was lovely as it was badly in need of a chop. Sophie came with me as we were going on to Market Harborough afterwards but had to sit in the car as the spare seats in the salon were all taken. She was not amused!

We drove to Market Harborough in torrential rain but the town itself was dry. What weird weather we're having at the moment! First stop was a skinny latte for me and a chocolate milkshake for Sophie who does not have to worry about her weight... We then popped into New Look and Soph tried on some very pretty clothes, but decided against buying them even though I offered to lend her the money. We meandered around the shops and then made our way to Duncan's as I wanted to get a bottle of whisky for my dad, for Father's Day. The shop was paked to the gunnels so we passed on the tasting and went straight for the whisky selection. I chose a peaty one called Finlaggan and a treat for Sophie as she was babysitting, a low alcohol sparkling wine made with strawberries.

Later in the afternoon all four of us went for a lovely walk, dodging the showers, which was a real bonus. Next door I could see a tent in the garden and lots of teenage voices so it looked like the party had begun. We fed the children, got ourselves ready and went around to find all our neighbours there and the party in full swing. We had a lovely evening, chatting and laughing but at 11pm my mobile phone rang and I looked at the number in dismay...it was our security patrol again. We'd been broken into.

I was so upset and angry that it had happened again when we were out enjoying ourselves with our friends. At first I just wanted to switch my phone off and pretend it hadn't happened, but I had to deal with it as Dad was away flying his model aeroplanes in Eastbourne and Mum was down in Kent. I spoke to the security guard who said he couldn't get into the building which surprised me as he had all the keys he needed. I eventually made him understand the door he needed to go through and then we set off for work, dreading to think what we would find. The children were still up so we decided to take them with us and I think they were more excited than frightened.

We drove in and met the security guard to find that the metal grill on our office window had been wrenched off and was lying on the grass some distance away. The window itself was open and they must have set off the alarm when they reached through. On the CCTV we could see they'd broken in at about 10pm, when it was still very light and that there was four of them again. I do wonder if it was the same people as last time. We locked everything up, left some lights on for security and went home where I found it very difficult to get to sleep!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jane! I'm so sorry that its happened again. Lets hope they catch them this time. Keep your chin up. Hugs,Cheryl xx

Janie said...

Thanks very much Cheryl xxx