Monday 27 June 2011

Sunday 26 June - a day at the seaside.

On Sunday morning we set off very early for Southwold, picking up Sophie's friend Susie on the way. The weather forecast had been for sun all day, but we drove to the coast in a fair bit of cloud and only saw bright blue skies about 20 miles from the sea.

We managed to park the car before the hordes arrived and Keith and I sat with our backs against the sea wall and watched the children play on the sand and in the sea. It was lovely and warm and I slathered sun cream on the kids, especially Susie who is very fair.

At lunchtime the children changed out of their wet and sandy clothes and then we walked along to the pier for fish and chips. Southwold pier is lovely with lots of places to eat, shop and sit in the sun. Half way along is the arcade of funny little games and novelties and the children had great fun trying them all out!

As is the case on the east coast, we had a few moments of sea mist coming in and it grew quite chilly. I can remember going once and there was a heavy mist hanging over the whole coast while inland it was swelteringly hot!

As we walked back to the car I suddenly realised I hadn't got the keys...then I remembered that Sophie had taken them from me when she went to get changed and we must have left them in the boot...along with the girls' bags and iPods...

I ran back to the car but everything was intact, even Mikey's tee shirt and hat that we'd left on the boot to dry. Southwold is such a lovely place! Phew!

On the way home we stopped at the village of Peasenhall for tea and cakes - my diet has gone out of the window today but I am allowed a little treat every now and then!

1 comment:

Janie said...

Despite the fish and chips and coffee cake, I still managed to lose 2lbs so that's 10lbs in all!!